After working up the base of the hat, Ella asked me if the ears would stick up like a “real bunny”. I told her I will see what I can do…
I decided to make two layers of each ear before doing the trim around the ears. I used one white layer and one blue layer for each ear. I then joined them together while doing the trim directed by the pattern. I also lightly stuffed them.
When attaching them, they wanted to flop straight forward. To solve this issue.. I just kept securing them, over and over. I also attached them a little bit together at the bottom of the ears. I would put the hat on, check to see if they stood up, and if not, I would go back and secure them to the base of the hat a little more. Then suddenly, they stayed straight up!
Ella was so excited, as you can see from the photos! This fun and quick pattern made my daughter so happy! Thanks Moogly!!!