After creating The Mighty Jungle I knew I would be making more. But like any yarnist, I always want to improve with each project I throw myself into. I knew I wanted to improve the mane on this pattern, along with a few minor tweaks to the features.
With this lion hat I didn't use wool. I used all acrylics. The Burnt pumpkin and light yellow colors are both “I Love this Yarn” and the gold is Red Heart. All the yarns are 4 ply worsted weight yarn.
For the eyes I switched it up to:
CH 3, 10 DC inside Magic Circle, Connect to top of CH 3.
CH 3, 2 DC in each DC, Connect to top of CH 3.
For the nose:
CH3, 10 DC inside Magic Circle, Connect to top of CH 3
When doing the mane, I made this one wrap across the entire back of the head. I also made the face of the lion go up a little more causing the mane to be a little further back. Which completely changed the look of the lion. I added the mane over the earflaps. Actually, in my first one the mane was basically in front of the earflaps. With this one, it starts on the edge and works across them.
I do like my newest one much better! But they are both adorable!
For all the other details of this hat look at The Original Mighty Jungle!
Love your lion, it is so cute.